The Alcorn State University Meridian/Lauderdale Alumni Chapter offers a scholarship to provide financial assistance to Meridian/Lauderdale area residents that attend ASU.
To be considered for an award, applicants have to meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduate of a Meridian/Lauderdale area high school (first priority will be given to Meridian-Lauderdale County, students, but other Mississippi County students may apply)
- Must have a minimum of 2.75 GPA
- Must have an ACT score of 18
- Been accepted as a student at Alcorn State University
- Submit a completed application
Please mail a completed packet to the following address:Alcorn State University National Alumni Association
Attn: Scholarship Recipient Committee
126 50th Court
Meridian, MS 39305
To be considered for a 2018 scholarship, all applications must be received by March 2, 2018. Notification of scholarship awards will be made by March 31, 2018. If you are a scholarship award recipient, please consider attending our Annual Purple and Gold Scholarship Banquet which is always held on the last Friday in April at 7:00 p.m. at the Riley Center located at 2200 Fifth Street, Meridian, MS 39301.
Download the application as a PDF file.
Download the application as a Microsoft Word file.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact us.